Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Update

It has been a while since my last post so I thought an update on how things are going would be in order. The good news is that there is not much to tell. I'm getting stronger every day and almost all of the side effects of the chemotherapy are gone. Physically I am about ready for one more round of chemo/stem cell transplant, now I just have to work on gearing myself up for it mentally.

I am expecting a detailed schedule from the clinic any day now, but it looks like about the middle of March for this last round of treatment.

The best news of the day is that Jennifer and Kelly are flying in tomorrow for a weekend visit and a day of skiing. The skiers this time will just be the girls and Lynn. For some reason my PA thought it would be a bad idea for me to go this year. I really couldn't argue with her as I get winded walking up the stairs. I can imagine what a disaster I would be on the slopes.

Steve

2 comments:

Q said...

It's great to hear that you are doing well. Jess said one night, "How come we keep praying for uncle Steve? We already did that!" (To have the faith of a child; one-time asking Heavenly Father and that's all it takes!) It is so awesome to have your girls home for the weekend, too. Tell everyone hi and give them our love! We get to go to Rexburg for Kinda's baptism (Shawn & Marianne's daughter), so we get to have a little reunion of our own.

Nat said...

glad to hear you are getting stronger. i can't imagine going for round three, knowing what to expect. we will be thinking of you as always. we continue to pray for you and lynn. hope your weekend with your girls was fun. we love you!

natalie :-)