The question is ............. Is this engraftment or an infection???
After several episodes of chills and spikes in his temperature Steve landed in the University of Utah Hospital. Apparently statistics show that 80% are hospitalized during this treatment - the other 20% of course was our goal.
Love that this is an outpatient program - Steve is a huge fan and like any sane individual avoids hospitalization like the plague.
We are hopeful this will be a very short stay as his lab work and vital signs are encouraging looking more like the engraftment process. See Steve's post on January 10th for a tutorial about engraftment if you missed it.
I want to give a heartfelt thanks to all who have included us in your prayers, it is appreciated greatly and means so much. We are sustained by your kindness shown in many ways - calls, cards, books, emails, text messages, quilts, sitters, soups, kitchen repair with a smile, breads, drawings from the grand kids, the hats, visits, comments on the blog - the snow removal service - so glad you got a break recently - we know some amazingly nice people! Will post when Steve is given the green light for visitors.
My name is Stephen Tanner. I am a sixty one year old male with Multiple
Myeloma, and even though my disease is the reason for this blog site, it by no means defines who I am.
Who am I?
I am husband to Lynn, my eternal companion and best friend for the last 41 years.
I am the father of two daughters, Jennifer and Kelly, grandfather of nine and father-in-law to two wonderful men who had the good sense to marry my daughters.
I am a Child of God.
I am a product of my western pioneer heritage.
I am one of ten children.
I am an ex U. S. Air Force pilot.
I love my country.
When I was young I dreamed of being a professional baseball player. However, as a teenager I realized that wasn’t going to be, minor problems with strength, speed and coordination.
I have faith in God and trust him to guide my life. I believe there is a purpose in all of our trials even though it is not always obvious to us at the time.
My family is the greatest joy in my life.
I am a Program Manager for a company that designs and builds computer generated visual systems for flight simulators. I love it and the people I work with, but it is what I do, not who I am.